Monday, August 17, 2020

Random Ramblings

* Ziggy turned 12 on Saturday. To celebrate, he meowed a lot fairly early in the morning, and then proceeded to urinate on a bathroom rug. I'm still not exactly sure why. His litter box was clean, so I suspect that he was a little spooked by a toy near his litter box. I moved some things around in the basement, and he successfully used his little box again not long after I did that. He's definitely getting older, but I think (or at least hope) that this is an isolated incident. (Ziggy might be a little embarrassed, so he's hiding from the paparazzi!




* The Democratic National Convention begins tonight. While I saw a list of speakers posted online last week, I honestly had no idea that the convention is this week. I mention this because I think Katy Perry, Demi Lovato, and Ariana Grande should reunite to introduce Kamala Harris. 



Bonus points if Katy Perry can wear the Dumbo costume she wore during a Disney singalong back in May.

  

* I don't want to jinx anything, but I wrote a blog post to appear on a website that's not Sean's Ramblings. Even though there's no money involved, it might turn out to be a regular thing. It's very, very subject specific, but I'm excited about the opportunity. It sounds like it's going to happen later this week, so I'll let everyone know on my Facebook and Twitter pages if/when the post is published.

* Baseball writer Peter Gammons wrote a tweet about the historically bad Boston Red Sox pitching staff which included this, "And next June's draft order will not be in order of the 2020 finish, but a combined formula based on 2019-2020." As a Pittsburgh Pirates fan, this is depressing. The Pirates are awful with a 4-14 record. In a typical year, this pace would allow them to get the #1 overall draft pick. However, in 2019 they were 10 games better than the Kansas City Royals, 12 games better than the Miami Marlins, and an incredible 22 games better than the Detroit Tigers. While I don't know how the formula works, it seems like the Pirates could finish 4-36 while the Tigers could 20-20, and the Tigers would get the better pick. 

* I've now watched the first two episodes The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Breaking news: It's really good. Who knew? (Other than all of the Emmy voters.)


No comments: