Thursday, August 06, 2020

Pirates Lose 5-2

In my first post as a Pittsburgh Pirates/Sheffield Wednesday/Ziggy blogger, I'm writing about the Pirates 5-2 loss to the Minnesota Twins. The Pirates are now 2-10 and are on a 7-game losing streak. Trevor Williams pitched well giving up only 1 run and 3 hits in 7 innings. Unfortunately, the Pirates offense only had three hits (and no runs) through 8 innings, so when the bullpen gave up 4 runs in the top of the 9th, a 2-run Josh Bell home run only prevented a shutout. Let's see what Ziggy thinks of the game.


You know what? I don't think this Pittsburgh Pirates/Sheffield Wednesday/Ziggy niche blog thing is going to work. I just like writing about too many topics. I barely wrote about one Pirates game, and I just can't do this after every game. I mean do you really care that the team optioned Guillermo Heredia and Jose Osuna to Altoona? Now, if the Pirates sent them to Toronto to take the place of Jack Johnson on the Penguins roster that would be interesting!

I'm just not going to be a niche blogger. Sorry. I mean if companies or individuals still want to advertise on Sean's Ramblings, I'm definitely available. Now, will I write about the Pirates and Sheffield Wednesday? Of course. The Pirates are the first team that I followed and I'm considering buying whatever package is available next season so that I can actually watch some Sheffield Wednesday games. I'm also going to continue to write about Ziggy (and share pictures of him), though I don't think he's interested in sharing his opinion on these teams.

With all of this written, if my niche is to have a blog about a wide variety of topics, this is the place!

No comments: