Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mr. Taylor Goes to Washington

Woodland Hills High School’s own Jason Taylor is now a member of the Washington Redskins after being traded from the Miami Dolphins for a 2nd round draft pick in 2009 and a 6th round pick in 2010. Personally, I’m excited that I’ll be able to see the Pittsburgher in action as I haven’t watched too many Dolphins games over the years. Actually, I probably won’t watch many Redskins games either, but I’ll see highlights on local television and hear about the team on area radio. I hope that he has 15+ sacks and returns to the Pro Bowl. If the Redskins turn out to be 1-15, I’d be fine with that too.

There seems to be some mixed reactions about the trade. Overall, I think most Redskins fans are excited about adding an established pass rusher, but there is some concern about whether giving up a 2nd round pick is too much. In addition, The Washington Post’s Mike Wise writes that "the Redskins genuinely have to worry where Taylor's heart is in regard to football."

However, I feel like most people are not asking the important questions. Will Giant Jason Taylor join Jason Taylor in DC? I think it would be cool to see Giant JT on Pennsylvania Avenue.



The second question is will Edyta show up for some games.



Are John Riggins or Tony Kornheiser asking these critical questions? Someone get Dan Steinberg on this stat!

No comments: