Friday, June 27, 2008

Grocery Store Challenge: Last Call

The "Does Wegmans Rule?" Experiment ends on June 30, and we are still looking for more participants. All that is required is going to a grocery store near you, pricing several items, and sending the results to me and lacochran. I’ll make it even easier for you. Instead of asking you to send an e-mail and then waiting for me to reply with the checklist, I’ve included the checklist in the comments section. While you will not receive the neat badge (pictured to your right and created by Swapping Tales), this will save a step, and show you how easy this experiment really is. Although we would still prefer if you send the results by e-mail to seanramblings(at)yahoo.com and/or lacochran(at)hotmail.com, if you really, really want to, you can post your results in the comments.

Have fun!

1 comment:

Sean said...

Here’s the checklist:

Store:
General Location:
Day:
Time:

Price of the following items
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 1/2 gallon Bryers vanilla
- 1 pound of bananas
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 box of San Georgio Spaghetti
- 1 1000 sheet roll of Scott toilet tissue
- 1 cup of Dannon Light ‘N Fit yogurt
- 1 12oz. can of Spam luncheon meat

Please indicate whether or not these items on sale (yes/no)?

Parking was
a. Easy
b. Crazy busy but I did it.
c. I’m still writing down the license plate of the *^&* that cut me off in that horribly designed parking lot.

Free samples were:
a. Plentiful! NOMNOMNOM!
b. Few and far between but I got some.
c. What free samples??

General presentation (aisles, displays, variety) was:

Check out line was:

Cashier was:

This funny thing happened to me:

Overall rating: (where 1 is “No way I’d go back!” and 10 is “This is my new home!”)


See how easy this is!