Wednesday, May 01, 2013

My Potential New House

Although I'm not in the market for a new home, it never hurts to look, right? I've lived in Northern Virginia for almost 12 years, so staying in the Washington DC area makes sense. Obviously, I would want something bigger than where I currently live. My child and Ziggy could always use extra space. A man cave, particularly one with stadium seating would be fantastic. A yard is a must. A home near nature would be rather unique in this urban/suburban area and would be a nice bonus. You know, let's go crazy. I want to live in a house where I never use the same bathroom twice in the same day. I also want to be able to host friends and family. Perhaps a place where I can invite the entire Pittsburgh Penguins roster over for dinner.

Well, I found the perfect place in nearby McLean, Virginia.





This 10-bedroom, 15-bathroom single family home is 10,350 square feet. I think I can make that work. The lot is just under 100,000 square feet. I have no idea how this equates to acres, but I'm going to guess that it's more than 1 acre. The only drawback is that the house is on the market for $45 million. I feel like I can negotiate this price down, but it may still be slightly out of my price range.

3 comments:

lacochran's evil twin said...

It sounds good. Until you have to find the cat. Too many place to hide.

Sean said...

Ziggy will be fine. He always knows how to find me when he wants food. (Plus, he generally sleeps on the bed.)

John Lambert said...

Who wouldn't want a house like that? Every corner of it speaks grandeur and magnificence. And the entertainment room looks amazing! It seems like something anyone would love to live in. But yeah, that's quite a price tag. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

John Lambert @ Cape Coral Lots