Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Help Bring Sonic To Northern Virginia

I like Sonic. They have solid food at very reasonable prices. I particularly like the milkshakes and the Sonic Blasts. Unfortunately, living in Northern Virginia, I need to drive more than 40 miles to either Fredericksburg or Winchester if I ever get a Sonic craving. This is unacceptable! Why isn't there a Sonic in Fairfax, Chantilly, Burke, Arlington, Alexandria, Centreville, Herndon, Reston, or even Springfield?


Therefore, I decided to look into franchise opportunities. Here's the basic information:

•The term of a SONIC franchise is 20 years, plus a 10-year renewal.
•The franchise fee is $45,000, and the total initial investment ranges from $710,000 to $3 million.
•You must have prior or current successful restaurant experience and/or strong entrepreneurial skills.
•Royalty fees are 4 to 5 percent; advertising fees are 5.9 percent.

I definitely don't have this type of disposal income or have prior or current successful restaurant experience unless you count earning free burritos for a year at California Tortilla.

Since I'm not going to open a Sonic franchise myself, I thought the least I could do is start a petition for a Sonic in Northern Virginia. If there is a petition for the Steelers to "throw away" their throwback uniforms, why not this?

Therefore, I encourage you to join this petition on Change.org and help bring Sonic to Northern VA. Thank you!

UPDATE Please click here see Sonic's reply to the petition.

No comments: