Friday, May 14, 2010

Ramblings for President

Article II, Section 1 of The United States Constitution states that "No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States." Do you see that I "bolded" four words of the Constitution? Well, effective yesterday, I can be President.



I understand that you may be hesitant to vote for me, so let me share my qualifications. In college, I worked as an intern for my Congressman and State Legislator (though not at the same time). You're looking for someone that earned and received popular support, aren't you? Well, I was elected Class Secretary during my Junior year of High School and served as Regional Treasurer in my youth group. I'm sure that you're now convinced that I would make an excellent President, so I appreciate your support.

I just hope the rest of the voters don't read this blog. Who knows what skeletons hide among 5+ years of posts? I'm guessing that I already lost the votes of Baltimore Ravens and Washington Capitals fans. Perhaps I shouldn't have shared so much in those TMI Thursdays.

3 comments:

lacochran said...

I hear there are a lot of bathrooms in the White House so you can go from one to the next clogging them. :)

Happy birthday!

Messiah said...

Happy birthday, Sean!

Sean said...

I would love the opportunity to try out the White House toilets. Think of the history!

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Lacochran & Messiah.