Monday, November 03, 2008

I Voted - Go Steelers

Thanks to early voting in Virginia, I cast my ballot last week. Therefore, to all political candidates in the Washington DC area, you can stop trying to convince me to vote for you. You can continue to show your television advertisements while I’m watching football, but I don’t need to look. Show Chris Berman interviewing Obama and McCain during halftime of Monday night football; I don’t care. I’m not going to watch it as I’ll be at FedEx Field. I just hope that the Redskins don’t show these interviews at the stadium.

Monday night’s game is the reason why I voted early. I won’t get home from the game until early Tuesday morning, so trying to wake up, wait over an hour in line to vote and then get to work at a reasonable hour just wasn’t going to happen.

One surprising name on the presidential ballot was a Wayne A. Root, the Vice Presidential candidate on the Libertarian ticket. Without knowing this individual, I wondered if it was Wayne Allyn Root, the Vegas sports handicapper who I used to hear commercials for on sports talk radio. As it turns out, Wayne Allyn Root IS running for Vice President. Who knew?

Finally, I need some advice on my attire for Monday night’s game. I have a heavy Steelers jacket as well as my Louis Lipps jersey. The team has won in games I attended when I wear one or the other, but I have never attempted to wear both at the same time. The temperature is expected to be around 50. Any suggestions are appreciated, as I know that my wardrobe, and not factors such as Jason Campbell or the Steelers offensive line, will determine whether or not the Steelers will win. If you have any doubt in my power, the last time the Steelers lost in a game I attended was the AFC Championship game against San Diego in January 1995.

2 comments:

Brendon said...

Wear both. Doubling up on your luck will carry over into next week.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for help with the win. It was my 50th birthday so I really enjoyed my evening with the Steelers win.