Thursday, June 26, 2008

News & Notes

Am I only one entertained by the recent dispute playing out in the pages of the Express? Almost everyday, the "Look Out People" section, which posts news/information about somewhat famous people, features a two-line story about Amy Winehouse. Twice in the past few days, a letter to the editor asks Express to stop with the Winehouse stuff. In response, Express featured another snippet about Winehouse on Wednesday. Personally, I don’t understand why people are so upset about the Winehouse coverage. If you don’t want to read anything about this train-wreck, turn the page and read the Blog Log, Pearls Before Swine or play Sudoku!

Thanks to everyone for providing their votes and comments about attending a game at Yankee Stadium. Please keep them coming, although at this point, I’m probably leaning towards visiting New York.

The Naked Cowboy is suing Mars Inc., the maker of M&Ms. Is Edgar Snyder on the case? (Call 391-2101; 391-2101! I will remember this phone number – even if it is not current anymore – for the rest of my life.)



I received an e-mail from Brandon who created an online petition trying to convince Marian Hossa to stay in Pittsburgh. Although I would love Hossa to return to the Penguins, it appears that money is more important to him than trying to win a Stanley Cup. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but unless everyone who signs the petition also pledges to give Hossa $5, I don’t know how much this will help. Good luck to Brandon anyway.

Finally, I have a new friend on Facebook…her name is LPGA golfer Erica Blasberg. In honor of this historic event, here’s another picture of her.



However, if she is going to continue to be my favorite LPGA golfer, she may have to do a bit better on the course. Blasberg finished last (of those who made this cut) in this past weekend’s Wegmans LPGA tournament.

No comments: