Friday, March 18, 2022

Special Delivery

While I think I've only mentioned it a few times here, I'm regularly frustrated by the amount of time my kids spend on YouTube. There are so many other TV and movie options available, but they end up watching the same videos or channels any time they have screen time. As an option for something different and interactive, particularly on bad-weather days, a friend graciously let us borrow his probably decade old Nintendo Wii. We played for the first time recently, but one of the controllers doesn't seem to work. I looked online and found a new one for about $15. Sold! I made the purchase.

On Thursday, I received a package in the mail. I didn't recognize the return address and naturally forgot that I ordered the Wii controller. I opened the package and was very confused by what was inside.


What the heck??? Why would someone order one individual balloon? More importantly, why would a a company mail a single balloon? I didn't have a chance to research this further at the time, but a few hours later, I received an email notifying me that the Wii controller was delivered. Except that it wasn't. The delivery was actually this single pink balloon with white dots. 

So now I need to mail the balloon back (yes really) in order to get a refund. I tend to think the company won't believe that they sent a balloon in place of a video game controller. I definitely would not. We'll see what happens next.

No comments: