Friday, August 07, 2026

Random Ramblings: August 2026

I'm really enjoying The Pitt. It's non-stop action, and I'm amazed how well the actors just spout off medical terminology. I guess that's why they are really talented actors. Sure, maybe they don't need to show all of the blood and gore, but I sense that this is a fairly realistic look at a busy emergency room. Completely related, I plan on donating blood again soon. 

The other day, I went on Facebook using my Sean's Ramblings profile. I follow/like dozens of people, companies, etc. In scrolling through my feed, the first 63 entries were either sponsored posts (meaning ads) or something that "matches my interests." 63! How about showing me posts for something that I follow?!?!

I saw Styx and Chicago play recently. Definitely worth the $20 Groupon tickets. The only negative was there were no Terrible Towels or Steelers celebrities for Renegade. 


Did you know that geese hiss? I've mentioned numerous times that one of my favorite summer activities is taking walks on our neighborhood golf course after the golfers finish for the evening. I regularly see deer and foxes and geese on these walks. Recently, while walking on the cart path, I said "hey guys" to a group of geese who were eating and walking on the grass next to the path. My thought was that I wanted to announce myself and not startle them. In response, one goose lifted its head from the grass, looked directly at me, and hissed. I walked right by and didn't look back until I was a safe distance away!

Sheffield Wednesday plays its first match of the season in the first round of the EFL Cup on Saturday. There's some optimism for the season under new ownership since anything has to be better than last season when the team only won league matches. Still, I'm not ready for the season to begin or seeing Wednesday play League One matches against teams like Leyton Orient, Burton Albion, and Doncaster. Feel like it's going to take a few years for Wednesday to get close to getting back to the Championship League. And I'm not sure if they'll ever get to the Premier League.

My dentist asked me to see a periodontist for receding gums, and I put it off for years. I finally went, and the periodontist says that I need to have tissue graft surgery. I'm not going to get into details, but this all seems ridiculous to me. I feel like receding gums and graft surgery is something for people who are AARP members. Uh oh.

Finally, the best way to end any blog post is with Cookie Monster.

No comments: