Friday, October 23, 2020

I Lost To My Son In Fantasy Football

My nine year old is obsessed with sports and particularly fantasy football. I know this is my fault. Therefore, although I was disappointed and a little upset that The Moose made two transactions in our league IN THE MIDDLE OF HIS SCHOOL DAY, I wasn't really surprised. When I mentioned this to a few friends, they asked me if I ever made fantasy football transactions during work. I changed the subject.

Anyway, I'm in a fantasy football league that's made up of a lot of kids, either by themselves or with their parents. While The Moose has his own team, I have a team with my six year old Pedro Tulo. Last week, we faced off against each other. With our team having multiple players injured or on a bye (and being run by a six year old who really doesn't really know what he's doing), I knew our chances weren't that good. I was right. We got crushed.


For this match, The Moose and I made a bet. The loser would have to wear silly socks for a day. I lost, so here are my silly socks. 


I had a striped "dress" sock on my left foot while my right foot featured a sock that I got from the hospital when I had surgery on my wrist. The Moose didn't think it was silly enough, so he added a tissue sticking out of my right sock.

Is it mean of me as a dad to hope that we face The Moose again in the playoffs and defeat him?

No comments: