Monday, September 14, 2020

Is Joe Biden An Iron Man?

You may have seen that Joe Biden visited the Flight 93 Memorial on Friday to commemorate the 19th anniversary of 9-11. He also stopped by Shanksville's volunteer fire department, and according to WTAE (and others), the last time Biden was there, "he joked that he'd bring some beer when he returned." Therefore, he brought "two six-packs of Bud Light and Iron City, along with a Bundt cake and pastries for the crew."


I don't know the size of the fire department, but I'm not sure that 12 bottles of beer is enough. Anyway, Joe Biden (or more likely his staff) deserves credit for bringing a local beer. While Biden said, "I keep my promises" in reference to the beer, perhaps he should have said that "You can't keep an Iron Man down."



If you think that this blog post was simply an excuse to share this 30+ year-old Iron City commercial, I say, how dare you!! (And then I'd say, you're right.)

Photo by Chip Somodevilla - Getty Images

No comments: