Tuesday, September 29, 2020

A Few Thoughts On Wednesday

I mentioned recently that I started writing for Owls America, a website for Sheffield Wednesday fans in North and South America. I knew going in that my writing style works well here on Sean's Ramblings, but I was a little concerned about how it would fit on Owls America. It seems like the readers of Owls America expect analysis and match previews. I'll admit that this really isn't my specialty. In my opinion, there are plenty of other website that offer preview and game analysis. My posts tend to focus on a few things about the team and mixed with some "fun" facts. Anyway, since the site decided not to run my latest blog post, I figured that I would share it here instead. Please note that I think you can still enjoy this post even if you don't know anything about Sheffield Wednesday.


* With Sunday's 2-0 loss at Bristol City, Sheffield Wednesday has now scored only 2 goals (both against Cardiff City) in 4 games against non League One teams. It's a little early to be too concerned about the lack of offensive production, but Wednesday needs to score some goals soon. The latest rumor is that Wednesday has interest Cardiff City's Callum Paterson. Although Paterson has scored or assisted 29 goals in his 106 games for Cardiff, he has yet to play this season. I've been pleased with Josh Windass overall so far, and I'm still hopeful for production from Elias Kachunga and Jordan Rhodes, but another experienced forward would be a welcome addition.
 
* Chris Martin assisted on Bristol City's first goal. This man can do everything. He sings and plays multiple instruments for one of the world's biggest bands (Coldplay), and he even acts. (He's been on Modern Family and Curb Your Enthusiasm.) In addition to all this, he was married to Gwyneth Paltrow and has been romantically linked with Dakota Johnson and Jennifer Lawrence. Now, he's trying to help Bristol City reach the Premier League. Amazing!
 

* There were reports this week that Watford and an unnamed Premier League team are interested in defender Dominic Iorfa. Last season's team player of the year is the rock of Wednesday's defense and arguably the team's most important and dependable player. If someone offers Wednesday $15-$20 million for him, I think it would be hard to say no particularly with the uncertainty about any ticket revenue. 
 
* Barry Bannon's Instagram account is bazzaboi10. I just wanted to point this out. Bazzaboi10. 
 
Next up: Queens Park Rangers at Hillsborough on Saturday, October 3rd. Some goals (and more importantly 3 points) would be nice!

No comments: