Monday, October 01, 2018

Brett Kavanaugh Meets Jules Winnfield

Sean’s Ramblings is generally a light-hearted blog, and I try to inject some humor in most of the posts. Sure, I may be the only person who finds some of my posts funny, but after 13+ years, I haven’t been canceled yet. (Just checking...can a blog get cancelled? And if I do get cancelled, can WordPress or another platform pick me up?) With that written, it’s difficult to find any humor in last week’s Senate Judiciary Committee hearing of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, who accused Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her when they were teenagers. It was riveting television, filled with drama and tension, and terrific product placement by Coca-Cola.


See, I was able to find something funny here. Someone else also found something funny, and mixed together Kavanaugh’s testimony with Samuel L. Jackson’s character, Jules Winnfield, from Pulp Fiction. (The video is NSFW due to language.)



Completely off topic, why did the Senate go away from 60 votes to appoint a Supreme Court Justice? You get way more partisan candidates when only a majority is needed.

No comments: