Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Ted Mosby: Plant Shop Employee

When I lived in San Diego, I had the opportunity to see the west coast premier of Rent. This was a very big deal at the time, particularly because the cast included one Neil Patrick Harris. This show was also more than I spent for any other ticket up to that point, including those for concerts or sporting events. I don't remember much about the show, except that for much of it, I thought to myself, "Wow. Doogie Howser is singing!" or "Where did Doogie go?"

The reason I mention this is because Little Shop of Horrors is coming to the Kennedy Center in Washington DC next week and features Ted Mosby, I mean Josh Radnor from How I Met Your Mother.


I realize that Radnor has had numerous other acting roles, but I really only know him as Ted Mosby: Architect. If I saw Little Shop of Horrors, I'm sure that I would be in the audience thinking about how he shouldn't have ended up with Robin at the end of the show (sorry, spoiler) or wondering why he's not hanging out with Barney, Marshall, or Lily.

While NPH has clearly outgrown his Doogie Howser persona, I don't think that Ted, I mean Josh, has.

(Photo from Playbill.)

No comments: