Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Won't You Be My Neighbor

On Monday, I went to the post office to mail something, and when that transaction was complete, I asked for a book of stamps. The post office employee then responding by asking what kind of stamps I wanted, and specifically mentioned the flag stamps next to the scale. When I asked if they had the Mister Rogers stamps, the post office employee lit up. It seemed like she wasn't having a good day, but she was genuinely excited about me requesting the Mister Rogers stamps.


She proceeded to tell me that the Mister Rogers stamps are currently the best sellers and told me a story about her daughter. Apparently, PBS had some fundraising drive where they were giving away the Mister Rogers "It's You I Like" special along with 30 episodes, all for a $72 donation. The daughter now wants this as an early Christmas gift.

This is simply another example of just mentioning Mister Rogers' name making people happy!

No comments: