Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Inflatable Fun

One of the great things about being a parent is that you can play with cool toys with your kids. Take the inflatables by Inflatable Zone for example. If I, as a grown adult, tried to go into one of these by myself, I would receive dirty looks, at best, or get forcibly removed from the premises. (Actually, if all I got were dirty looks by going on an inflatable, I think I would do it.)


Jumping in a bounce house (assuming there are no weight or height restrictions and no other small kids in proximity) with a young child? Completely acceptable and often encouraged. My two year old needs some help going down a giant inflatable slide? These are things you often have to do as a parent. Of course, I would want to go down this slide anyway, but again, this is totally acceptable if I'm going with my child. It’s fun for me and fun for my kids. A win-win!

Inflatable Zone also has games geared towards grown-ups (or at least older kids). For example, I think playing bubble soccer as illustrated by this picture would be awesome.


Now as a soccer referee, I have no idea what is going on in this picture. Neither player has their feet on the ground, nor does it appear that there is any attempt to play the ball. However, perhaps this is completely legal in bubble soccer. I want to go outside and play this now. Who's with me? Actually, bubble soccer should really be an Olympic sport. If you thought handball was fun to watch, bubble soccer would be even better. Let's extend bubble sports even more! Bubble long jump! Bubble hurdles! Bubble diving and bubble archery could be difficult, but the technology could be there in years to come. Maybe for the 2028 Olympics! I can’t wait to hear Bob Costas discuss all of these new bubble events. At the very least, there should be some type of inflatables at the Olympic Village. Seeing Michael Phelps, Usain Bolt, and Allyson Felix jumping in one of these would be fun.

Now please excuse me while I plan a trip to a bounce house/climbing facility for this weekend. With my kids, of course.

No comments: