Friday, May 29, 2015

Friday Links

The Celebrate Fairfax festival is only a week away. How the heck did that happen? I've written about Northern Virginia's largest festival dozens of times over the years, so I'll just simply write that if you live in the DC area, you should go. Early bird ticket sales end tomorrow (Saturday, May 30th) so purchase your tickets now. [Celebrate Fairfax]

Andrew McCutchen's pay stub is fascinating. It's interesting that he doesn't have any money taken out for flexible spending. [Deadspin]


Congrats to HG Balas, a terrific writer, who is now going to write for the Pittsburgh Downtown Community Development Corporation's e-newsletter, The Downtowner. [The Steel Trap]

In the year I was born, Sean was the 39th most popular boy's name. If I was born today, my name would be Hunter.
My 2000s name: Patrick.
90s name: Jared.
80s name: Erik.
60s & 70s name: Gerald (though since I was born in the 70s, wouldn't I just be Sean?)
What would your name be? [Time magazine]

My friend Christine encourages you to help military families oversees. [The Adventures of ChrisMichRob in Korea]

Have a nice weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Thanks for sharing the link, Sean!

And my name would be Zoey today. :)