Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pirates and Spaceballs (Two To Nothing!)

Driving to Pittsburgh on Tuesday evening with my brother, we were able to listen to the Pirates-Reds Wild Card game on the radio. Thanks to Benstonium, you can hear what we heard matched up with the television highlights. Please note Pirates announcer Greg Brown's call starting around the 1:30 mark and how he says "Two to Nothing." My brother and I said that phrase repeatedly throughout the ride, and knowing us, we'll say two to nothing like that for the next 30 years.



With that, the Pirates-Cardinals series begins on Thursday. I was all ready to share this Spaceballs video with the quote, "We meet again for the first time." In my mind, that's the relationship between the Pirates and Cardinals. They both know each other very well, but the playoff series is a completely different game. Of course, as you can see in the video below, I got the quote wrong. Bill Pullman actually says, "at last, we meet for the first time for the last time." Oh well. I'm sharing the Spaceballs video anyway since it makes me smile. (Oh, bad word at the 1:50 mark.)



Let's Go Bucs!

No comments: