Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sean's Take On The News

Although I'm a little busy these days, I do my best to keep us with current events and the news. Therefore, I have some thoughts about recent events.

- Mississippi governor Haley Barbour announced that he will not run for President because he lacked the necessary "absolute fire in the belly" to run. In reality, most people surveyed about his candidacy couldn't get past the fact that a man was named Haley. (Alternate joke: He repeatedly walked up to camp fires and fireplaces and instructed the fire to "get in my belly." This turned out to be unsuccessful.)

- The FAA fired a third controller for falling asleep on the job. All three must be new parents.

- Will & Kate's wedding (Do I really need a link for this? I didn't think so.) - It would be ironic if it rains on Friday. There may also be 10,000 spoons at the reception when all guests need is a knife.

- Russian President Dmitry Medvedev (or Medevdev according to Express) hints that he won't pursue re-election. I think he would make a perfect Dancing With the Stars contestant.





I'd love for him to say "I must break you" to the judges.

- The Pittsburgh Penguins meet the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight in game seven of the series. The winner advances to the next round while the loser goes home. Someone make sure that Pens coach Dan Bylsma has a burrito!

No comments: