Monday, September 18, 2006

Monday Night

I will not be watching the following tonight (even though I would like to):

* The 2nd half of "Prison Break"
* The season premiere of "How I Met Your Mother"
* The series premiere of "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip"
* "Finding Nemo" on Disney
* "Wife Swap" and "Supernanny"

OK, I really don't care about "Wife Swap" and "Supernanny" but what a great night of television! Of course, the Steelers on Monday Night Football trumps all of these.

I realize that ABC and ESPN are all in the same corporate family, but don't you think they would rather be showing Monday Night Football over Supernanny?

6 comments:

Archi said...

You gotta get yourself a TiVo, Sean! I'll be recording HIMYM, Two and a Half Men, and Studio 60 while I watch the Steeler game live.

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Dan said, he beat me to the punch. Other than 2.5 Men, that is.

Archi said...

I would recommend giving 2.5 men a try. I am a convert, after assuming it was stupid for its first couple of years. It is actually laugh-out-loud funny regularly, which HIMYM is not. I like the latter because the characters are endearing and somewhat true-to-life...despite some really bad writing at times.
But Charlie Sheen and Jon Cryer truly make me *laugh* -- quite the rarity among comedies these days.

Sean said...

Yeah, it probably is time for TiVo. So where do I start? Do I just go to TiVo.com or are there retailers that sell it? How many hours do you get? What are the prices? Am I even asking the right questions? Help!

Anonymous said...

Random thing - if you want to test your Entertainment trivia knowledge, you might be interested in playing the Goldrush game on AOL...I won't ever be able to win the million $ (as I have to work during the day), but I have fun with the puzzles...

Archi said...

I'll e-mail you some info.