Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Lunch Rut

For the past 6+ years, my weekday lunches have consisted of a Hebrew National salami sandwich, banana, Rold Gold pretzels and a Dannon Light ‘N Fit yogurt. This isn’t my typical lunch; this is essentially what I eat five days a week all year. There are times when I may replace the pretzels with Cool Ranch Doritos or eat a plum instead of a banana, but usually, my variety is the yogurt flavor (peach, cherry and strawberry are my favorites).

So I’m starting to think that perhaps I should branch out and eat something different. The problem is that I truly am a creature of habit. Plus, I really don’t want to increase my lunch budget. This how much I spend on lunch for a week:

Hebrew National salami: $4
Wegmans Light Wheat Bread: $2.50
Dannon Yogurt: $2.50 (.50 per cup)
Pretzels: $2.50 per bag
Bananas: $2

You can’t really beat $13.50 for five lunches. With that written, any lunch suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apples, Berries, Cherries, Nuts, and Grapes. Veggies are also good too. You could make a salad and/or choose turkey or corned beef. Since you like Wegman's maybe get one of thier "salads" and use that as a side dish

Sean said...

Thanks for the suggestions! Did you really have to be anonymous to share that fruit, salad and turkey are good, though?