Sunday, January 13, 2008

California Tortilla & Washington Post Updates

After 21 consecutive weeks of eating a California Tortilla burrito, I think it is time for a break. However, I still have 31 coupons for free burritos good only at the Reston location. If you are interested in buying a coupon or multiple coupons, please e-mail me at seanramblings[at]yahoo dot com. The regular Blackened Chicken Caesar burrito is $6.19 including tax and some of the other specialty burritos cost even more. I’m looking to sell the coupons for $4 each, but I am willing to negotiate, especially if someone is interested in buying multiple coupons.

As for the Washington Post, I am getting closer and closer to canceling my Sunday subscription. As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I received the newspaper at 9:30 AM on Sunday, December 16 and then, the paper was delivered on Sunday, December 23 even though I submitted a vacation stop. Today, the paper again arrived just after 9:30. I submitted a comment on the Post’s subscriber services page, but I doubt that I will receive a response. If I do not hear from the Post by Tuesday afternoon since the screen stated that the Post’s “service representatives have received your message and are working to address it within two business days,” I will call them on Wednesday.

While I was waiting for Sunday’s newspaper, Good Morning America featured a story about an octogenarian couple in Edgerton, Wisconsin who have delivered newspapers for more than 50 years. The story mentioned that they generally deliver the paper around 5:00 AM. That would be 4.5 hours before my newspaper is delivered!

4 comments:

Daisy said...

My Sunday paper was here this morning before I left for work at 4:30 a.m.

Mystery Man said...

I think that you should wait outside in the cold, with a baseball bat, for the paperboy. When he gets there at 9:30 spazz out on him, yelling and screaming. Then threaten to take his lunch money!!! You could always call the Washington Post to complain and threaten to cancel your subscription.

Anonymous said...

Your selling your California Tortilla burrito coupons, Sean? I'm shocked. SHOCKED! I tell you.

My guess is that they're going to go way above the asking price--they're just that darn tasty.

Good luck...

Yours Truly,
Pam
Queen of Burritos

Anonymous said...

"You're." I meant to say "you're." The queen sometimes has problems with contractions.