Monday, April 23, 2007

Light Bulbs

I’m sure that you have all seen the new spiral light bulbs like the ones pictured here. Apparently, Home Depot gave away 1 million of these light bulbs on Sunday for Earth Day. Of course, I did not learn about the promotion until I opened the coupon/circular section of my Sunday newspaper late last night. Anyway, I bought a few at Giant since they are on sale for only $1 instead of the usual price of $4.99. So I’m wondering if anyone has used these bulbs. Are they any good? Do they really save energy?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We use these in the light fixtures that are not enclosed. We've been in the house almost two years and no replacements yet! They also don't get as "hot" as regular bulbs. I got ours in a 5 or 6 pack at Sam's for around $14 a pack. For some reason the packaging on ours says not to use it in enclosed fixtures, so I can't use them in the overhead kitchen or living room lights. I want to get my hands on some outdoor ones for the porch and deck.