Monday, April 09, 2007

Guilty Pleasures

I heard the new Hilary Duff song, “With Love,” a few times over the weekend, and I hate to admit this, but I really like it. Therefore, I started to think about other things I like but probably should not admit such as:

• Neil Diamond – I’m not sure if he even belongs on the list of guilty pleasures since Neil Diamond is just cool (see “Sweet Caroline,” “Girl, You’ll Be a Woman Soon” and “America”). Plus Neil Diamond was my first ever concert.
• Eddie Money – “Take Me Home Tonight” is simply an awesome song. Plus, he was great guest star in a Drew Carey episode.
• Spice Girls – I even like the current commercial where a woman is running while her husband drives next to her with “Wannabe” blaring from the car (I’ll Tell You Want I Want, What I Really, Really Want).
• Late 80s/90s Pop/Techno/Dance Songs – I’m not really sure what counts in this category but songs like “Barbie Girl” by Aqua, “Strike It Up” by Black Box, “Rhythm is a Dancer” by Snap and probably a few dozen others.
• Almost every reality show on VH1. I have never watched Survivor or the Amazing Race and I rarely see Idol; however, I end up seeing most episodes of I Love New York, Hogan Knows Best, Surreal Life, Flavor of Love and Celebrity Fit Club.

Feel free to mock me or (even better) share your own guilty pleasures.

1 comment:

Rinsem's Rink said...

Tom Cruise movies from the 80's:
Top Gun
Cocktail
Color of Money
Days of Thunder

Basically all the stuff he did before he went insane.