Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Thank You CVS

Last week, I went to CVS to try to find a plastic covering for a cell phone screen. They only had one type available, and while I didn't think it was what I needed, I made sure that I would be able to return it with the receipt and bought it for $15. I also had a CVS coupon good for 40% off one item, so I actually paid $9 plus tax.


After confirming that the covering wasn't the right one, I returned it on Monday. The cashier put the $9+ back on my credit card, and then told me that they would give me $6.36 in store credit for the coupon. Although I asked her several times if she was sure since this didn't sound right, the cashier insisted that I was due the balance. Unfortunately, there was something wrong with the register, so she was unable to give me a store credit on the card. She called over a manager, and at this point, I was worried for her as I figured she would get in trouble for essentially giving me free money. The manager came over and also had difficulties with the register, so she handed me $6.36 in cash.

Basically, CVS gave me $6.36 for using a 40% off coupon on a product that I returned. I don't get it!

(Photo from the National Real Estate Investor.)

No comments: