Friday, February 13, 2009

Elementary School Story

Why parents should always check their children's homework before they hand it in:

A first grade girl handed in the drawing below for a homework assignment.



After it was graded and the child brought it home, she returned to school the next day with the following note:

Dear Ms. Davis,

I want to be very clear on my child's illustration. It is NOT of me on a dance pole on a stage in a strip joint. I work at Home Depot and had commented to my daughter how much money we made in the recent snowstorm. This photo is of me selling a shovel!

(This was forwarded to me from a colleague, so I have no idea if this is true.)

Enjoy your Friday links:

My former Congressman, Mike Doyle, sponsored the bipartisan House Resolution 110 congratulating the NFL champion Pittsburgh Steelers for winning the Super Bowl. Heath Shuler was among the co-sponsors. Not surprisingly, there were no Members of Congress from Arizona on the co-sponsor list.

Ric Blas, my favorite Olympian, will be featured in March’s Esquire magazine.

Regular reader tiny350z has a fairly new blog titled Cheese People. Check it out especially if you like to reading Metro stories.

When I grow up, I want to be either The Restaurant Refugee or Arjewtino. They are both amazing writers who seem to have fascinating lives (or at least make it sound that way).

The fold vs. crumple voting was extremely close. In case you were wondering, I voted for crumple.

Finally, in honor of Valentine’s Day, here's your moment of zen:

1 comment:

rachaelgking said...

That drawing is HILARIOUS. I wonder if it really happened?