Monday, January 09, 2012

I Scared My Kid

After trailing since early in the second quarter in Sunday’s playoff game, the Steelers tied the Broncos late in the fourth quarter on this touchdown pass from Ben Roethlisberger to Jerricho Cotchery.



Naturally, I was excited, so I jumped up off of the couch, screamed and waved my Terrible Towel. My child witnessed this and freaked out. This was a side of daddy that I don’t think he ever saw. He had a mortified look on his face and then started to cry. My child never cries. It took a couple of “Itsy Bitsy Spiders,” but he was back to his normal happy self in no time. I made sure to stay under control through the rest of the game (though nothing scream-worthy occurred during this time). Fortunately, he went upstairs at the end of regulation while I sat stunned as Denver won on the first play of overtime. It is also fortunate that we won’t remember anything about this game. Plus, by next season, he’ll be ready to wave the Terrible Towel himself!

No comments: