Monday, March 14, 2011

2011 Celebrate Fairfax Headliners Announced

Northern Virginia’s largest community event is set for June 10-12 at the Fairfax County Government Center. While I’m sure that I’ll write about the 90 live concerts featuring some of the best local artists, 300 exhibitors, crafters and food vendors, fireworks and other activities the festival offers as the event gets closer, I’m excited to announce this year’s headliners now. Friday, June 10th at 8:00 PM: Third Eye Blind Saturday, June 11th at 8:00 PM: The Bangles Sunday, June 12th at 4:30 PM: The Legwarmers I AM SO PSYCHED THAT I’M USING ALL CAPS. (I’ll stop now.) The Bangles were one of the best pop acts in the 1980s. Eternal Flame and Walk Like An Egyptian both reached #1 while Manic Monday and A Hazy Shade of Winter peaked at #2. I’m curious to see if Hosni Mubarak makes a guest appearance to walk across the stage during The Bangles’ signature hit. It’s possible, right? He’s not doing much these days. I also hope that Susanna Hoffs still does that eye thing as displayed at the 2:47 mark of the video. 



 Speaking of the 80s, The Legwarmers are the best 80s cover bands I’ve ever seen.* I went to one of their concerts at the State Theatre about four years ago where they played for at least 3-4 hours. It was an amazing show! The band is really talented and you know every song they play. If you want to attend a fun concert and have a great time, I suggest seeing The Legwarmers.

Finally, the festival kicks-off on Friday night with Third Eye Blind, a band that seemed to be everywhere in the late 1990s. You may remember 3EB for "Semi-Charmed Life," "Graduate," "How's It Going to Be," "Jumper,” and the underrated "Never Let You Go." So there you have it. For more information about the event, make sure to visit the Celebrate Fairfax website. See you in June! 


* I haven’t actually seen many 80s cover bands live, but The Legwarmers are by far the best. Actually, I’m not sure if I’ve seen any other 80s cover bands besides The Legwarmers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was that Gadhafi (or khaddafy for an alternate spelling) at the 1:50 mark?

Sean said...

Yes, that is the Libyan leader in the video. I don't know how The Bangles were able to get him (as well as the Statue of Liberty) to actually make those arm movements.