Thursday, November 18, 2010

Brand New Contest

The holiday shopping season is just around the corner. Seriously, go around the corner, look, and the holiday shopping season will be there. Wouldn’t you like $75 to use on a gift for a friend, family member or even yourself? As a CSN Preferred Blogger, I can make this happen.

Here’s the deal. CSN stores are offering a $75 gift code for use on any of their 200+ sites. If there’s something you’re looking for, you will probably find it at a CSN website. For example, I know that you always wanted bar tables and stools. (See what I did there? CSN is promoting their bar tables and stools, so I provided a link to that site. I will now go a step further and show pictures of some bar stools.)

For my fellow Steelers fans, perhaps you would like this:



For non-Steelers fans, this may be more your style:



To enter this contest, all you need to do is leave a comment below. Here’s a topic if you can’t think of anything to write. I’m looking to go away somewhere for a nice romatic weekend and need some suggestions. The location needs to be somewhere that is a reasonable flight or drive from Washington DC. Sure, Hawaii would be great, but I don’t think I’d see much more than the Honolulu Airport departing on a Friday and returning on a Sunday.

Please enter your comment by Monday, November 22nd at 10:00 PM Eastern time. I'll choose the winner via Random.org. Please make sure there is a way for me to contact you in case you win. One entry per person. CSN can only ship their products to the United States and Canada, so I’m sorry that my many readers from across the globe, such as Prince William and Kate Middleton, cannot enter. Good luck!

18 comments:

Jason Spiegelman said...

Every year since we've been married (and one year twice) my wife and I have gone to Orlando. It may seem kitchy to some - that is if you only go for the whole "Disney" experience - but as grown-ups we've always had a wonderful time there. There is plenty of nightlife, fun "touristy" things to do that are not overly hokey, and the weather tends to be very reasonable. It doesn't get ridiculously "florida" humid, and at the same time is warm enough to enjoy a nice day having a cocktail (or twelve) by the pool. Rainstorms are intense but usually brief, and if you like outdoor sports (golf, tennis, etc) there is nowhere better. That would be MY suggestion!

Thanks! Jason Spiegelman

Messiah said...

Nemacolin?

convention ribbons said...

I like those chairs so much. Here at home I love to customize making chairs and tables out of complete scrap.

Jason said...

Charlottesville!

lacochran's evil twin said...

Nassau, Bahamas. 2 hour direct flight from Reagan to paradise.

Also, I'm admiring your stool samples.

Tammigirl said...

I love to drive down to Hilton Head. Is that too far for you? I looked it up on google maps and it is about a 9 hour drive for you. For us it's 12, but we go if we get the chance because we think it is perfect. Relaxing, romantic, low-key.

I usually do the whole name your own price deal on priceline and bid $75 a night for a resort. There are only 4 resorts on the island and we've stayed in three of them. They are all great. My favorite is the Marriott, but the Crowne Plaza has my favorite beach. The Westin is okay, too.

If you go to Hilton Head, definitely get the mascarpone dessert at the Old Oyster Factory. The place itself is a tourist trap. The dessert alone is worth the trip and tastes amazing when sitting on your bed.

Daisy said...

I second Messiah's recommendation! Nemacolin!

Brendon said...

Pittsburgh.

Unknown said...

Pittsburgh, the construction cones are in full bloom.

veronique said...

i happen to think that boston is a lovely place for a getaway!

ilyssa said...

You should try Bermuda if you want to fly. Gorgeous there annd a short flight for you guys. I say fly while you can before Pam gets too far along. If driving, Nemacolin is a good choice. Hope you guys are doing well. I love a contest...it's one thing that gets me reading your blog. haha! lys76 at msn dot com

Ev said...

baltimore....HA!

Liz said...

Thanks for the giveaway! How about Hilton Head, SC?

eemoody77 at gmail dot com

ms-texas said...

Not sure how long of a flight it is for you but Las Vegas is always a nice getaway for a weekend - there is plenty to do even if you don't gamble and most of the hotels are very nice

debbiebellows[at]gmail[dot]com

Bram Reichbaum said...

You can visit Biltmore Estates in Ashville, North Carolina. It might not be overtly romantic, but it's a beautiful sprawling manor almost like castle that puts you in the mood of super-wealthy quasi-royalty riding horses and collecting art, with many fancy gardens and much quaintness and lovely scenery around it.

http://www.biltmore.com/

Archi said...

I have left the most uncreative comment!

Nichole Fisher said...

Bermuda, Bahamas, Savannah, Asheville, Carolina Beach, Newport...

neena said...

I think that Nemacolin is a wonderful suggestion. Also, the Poconos are gorgeous just about any time of year, and a short drive away...