Friday, December 21, 2007

Pittsburgh Wins, Five Year Olds Lose

Thursday was a huge day for Pittsburgh sports as the Steelers, Penguins and University of Pittsburgh Panthers all won. I felt like my remote control skills were pretty good switching between the Pitt and Steeler game (the Penguin game was not available); however, I was late in clicking back to the Pitt game and missed seeing Levance Fields hit a 3-pointer with 4 seconds remaining in overtime to defeat Duke. During Fields’ shot, I was watching Ben Roethlisberger grab his knee after being awkwardly sacked. Roethlisberger finished the game, but he can’t continue to take these types of hits if the Steelers want to advance through the playoffs, especially with Aaron Smith and now Willie Parker out for the year.

Here are a two fun links to get you through the day:

Did you ever wonder how many five year olds could you take in a fight? Probably not, but this is fun nonetheless. I can take 17. (from Arjewtino).



If you played for Brazil, what would your name be (found on Deadspin)? Mr. Sean Ramblings would be Sea. That's not a very exciting or intimidating name. Here are some other "Brazilian" names:

Denzel Washington – Roberto Washingtidas
George Bush – Georgildo
Jamie Lynn Spears – Speundo
Kris Kross - Krson Pau
Myron Cope – Copito
Troy Polamalu – Polamalaldo
Ben Roethlisberger - Roethlisbergaldo
Hines Ward – Hinaldo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i could take on 31 five year-olds little bastards.

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad, Sean, that's one more than me.

Sean said...

Jason - 31 is a very impressive number. Of course, you're much taller than me.

I think I got points off for being short and never having been in a fight before (although I almost got in a fight with some Ravens fans in Baltimore last Sunday).

Arjewtino - I'm very proud of my number. I'm guessing that both of us had a bit of a moral compass (part 3 of the questions).

Anonymous said...

i think i could take on more than 31. i would kick their monkey asses.