Thursday, August 17, 2023

My 12 Year Old Visited OnlyFans

As I was out running an errand on Wednesday, I checked my email and received the following message from Google:

Subject: OnlyFans.com now has access to The Moose's Google Account

Message: The Moose signed in to OnlyFans.com with their Google Account. OnlyFans.com now has access to some of The Moose's Google Account data, including:

* See your primary Google Account email address
* See your personal info, including any personal info you've made publicly available
* Associate you with your personal info on Google.

OnlyFans is a "subscription social platform revolutionising creator and fan connections." While that sounds innocent enough, there's a lot of X-rated material on this site. Certainly not appropriate for a 12 year old! 

I instantly emailed my son as soon as I received the message.

The subject of the email was "What are you doing," and in my mind I sounded like Dwight from The Office.


Me: Why is onlyfans.com attached to your Gmail account.

The Moose: That's weird.

Me: What are you clicking on that you would attach to your email/Google account?

The Moose: I have no idea.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt since I really don't believe that he was searching for X-rated content. I really think he's too innocent for this. I mean, he wanted to order a "Grilled Cheese" salad for dinner last night off the "grown up" menu, and I had to tell him that it was a Grilled CHICKEN sandwich. Plus, he was in the same room as his younger brothers at the time he was online. 

I checked his browser history and did see onlyfans.com listed. I don't know why or how he even heard of it. My theory is that he was searching for some fantasy football draft advice and came across someone who was offering suggestions on their paid OnlyFans site. Just before that, he was looking at some information about a musician, and maybe he visited OnlyFans because the artist has a page. I really hope one of these two theories are accurate! 

No comments: