Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Linked In

Enjoy links of articles and stories from around the world:

I’ve mentioned J.J. Hensley here before. As a former police officer and former Special Agent with the U.S. Secret Service, he has some valuable insight about the security for Wednesday's inauguration. [J.J. Hensley]

This is a really cool story about Presidential candidate Barack Obama playing pickup basketball with the University of North Carolina men’s team. [The Athletic]

The Pittsburgh Pirates traded pitcher Joe Musgrove to the San Diego Padres for a handful of prospects. The most significant prospect is 19 year-old outfielder Hudson Head who was a 2019 third round pick. I appreciate the Pirates getting an early 1990s sitcom, especially since the team was really good at the same time that the show aired.  [Pittsburgh Baseball Network]


I don't know what to write about this story about the U.S. government paying $3,000 a month to rent a toilet for the Secret Service staff to use in protecting Ivanka Trump/Jared Kushner other than it's amazing. [The Washington Post]

When I was in high school, I shared the stage with E. Clayton Cornelious in Lil Abner and Peter Pan. When I write "shared the stage," I mean we were both on the stage at the same time as he was a much, much, much better singer and actor than me (though you can judge my acting ability for yourself). Clayton has been performing on Broadway for years and was recently interviewed in Playbill. [Playbill]

Don't forget to click on the link to check out Dancing and Life which I wrote about last week. The 30-day New Year New You challenge is pretty cool. [Dancing and Life]

Finally, Congregation Rodef Shalom in Denver welcomed Reverend Timothy Tyler at a special Shabbat service on Saturday just before Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I highly recommend checking out the video starting just before the 50-minute mark. [Rodef Shalom Facebook page]

Oh, I almost forgot that I have a referral available for LearnedLeague, the greatest trivia league in the land. If you're interested in trying a season, please let me know. [LearnedLeague]

No comments: