Tuesday, July 21, 2020

My Life In Pictures: July 2020

It's been really, really hot in the DC area. Washington recently hit 20 days in a row with a high temperature of 90 degrees or more. Apparently, the high last Thursday was only 87 at National Airport (though I'm sure it hit 90 where I live), so we barely missed out on tying the area record of 21 straight 90-degree days. I believe that it has been over 90 every day since then. Anyway, we (and by we, I mean my wife) bought some inflatable pools, and the kids have enjoyed playing in them regularly.


Apparently, we were ahead of the curve on the inflatable pool craze!

Even though it's only about an hour away, my kids had never been to West Virginia. Therefore, a few weeks ago, we decided to take a car ride across the border specifically so that my kids could check another state off their lists. There were a few too many people walking around Harpers Ferry, WV without masks, so we basically just drove through the town. We did stop at the national park, but because it was so hot and our 2 year old Luigi wanted to be carried, we basically took a picture of the sign, got back in the car, and drove back home.


9 year-old The Moose learned how to ride his bike and is already much, much better than me. He really hasn't left our street, but he likes riding which again is much, much better than me!


Many parents think that Legos are the worst toy because pieces get everywhere, and there's always a chance that you can step on one barefoot which results in way more pain than it should. In reality, Play-Doh is the worst. Take a look at this box. 


So clean and neat. This is the reality.



Pieces end up everywhere and get stuck on clothes, the table, and the floor. Plus, the kids always mix the different colors together resulting in an odd green color. Play-Doh really is the worst.

We have magnetic letters in our bathtub. Oh, don't act like you don't have them too! Anyway, I saw this one day and needed to take a picture immediately. My kids (fortunately) didn't understand why.


Just sharing this picture taken by Luigi. 


Finally, I don't leave my neighborhood very much these days, and maybe because of this, I've noticed the wildlife a lot more. Naturally, I took some pictures. 





No comments: