Friday, May 01, 2020

Sean Does a Podcast

I've listened to the Ya Jagoff! podcast since its inception several years ago. For me, it's a fun way to stay connected to my hometown of Pittsburgh and to hear about some of the fun activities and events happening and people of the 'Burgh. John and Rachael invited me to come on when I get back to Pittsburgh, but we haven't been able to connect. However, with most people stuck at home, this was the perfect opportunity for me to join them.


Before I get any further, the podcast is available here on the Ya Jagoff website! Now for the behind the scenes stuff. This was the first time I’ve ever been on a podcast, and I was much more nervous than I expected. The plan was for my wife to take the kids outside just before I was scheduled to talk with John and Rachael. Of course, my older two kids (ages 9 and 6) decided that they didn’t want to go outside. The next plan was that I would be in the kitchen while the kids were in their bedroom. Naturally, they started arguing about something, so you can hear some screaming (or at least my acknowledgement of the screaming) very early in my part of the podcast. As a result I raced up to my youngest son's bedroom and locked the door. When I finished the podcast, they were standing right outside the door trying to hear what I was saying and wanted to know all about it. I should probably mention that my 6 year old has no idea what a podcast is.

Based on the order of when I appeared on the podcast, I got top billing over WPXI's Mike Holden and the musical guest, The Whelming Waters. (This is completely untrue, but it sounds good.) Just for fun, I'm including the promo video I made.



And here are the outtakes!







So that's my podcast experience. Now I'm ready to be on Marc Maron or any other podcast!

No comments: