Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Steelers-Buccaneers Recap (E-I-E-I-O)

I'm going to pretend that I'm a sports blogger again! Here are my thoughts on Monday night's Pittsburgh Steelers-Tampa Bay Buccaneers game in Florida:

The Steelers won 30-27. WOOO!

- If a sporting event is on that I want to watch, I’m going to watch it regardless of the announcers. ESPN's Monday Night Football crew of Joe Tessitore and Jason Witten just confirms this. They really make you appreciate professionals like Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth (who I think is insightful even if he seems anti-Steelers), and Doc Emrick.

Some of my personal highlights:

I don't have the exact quote, but Tessitore said that Tampa Bay fans have been saying and talking about FitzMagic all year long. You mean like during the first two weeks of the season?

After a Bucs WR fell on a second and goal play in the fourth quarter, Witten said, "You cannot slip there." Yes, like the WR was trying to slip.

Tessitore and Witten have only done a few games together, so there's plenty of room for improvement. And if there's a Monday night game that I want to see, I'm still going to tune in.

- Having tight ends that can make big plays over the middle will really open things up for the wide receivers. Every linebacker and safety in the NFL is now familiar with Vance McDonald after this stiff arm:



- I'm not a football coach, but I'll play one on the internet. To the Steelers players, you might want to have fewer penalties. Leading the league in penalties should not be a goal. Thank you.

- Since I'm on the topic of penalties, the NFL should really be flag football for quarterbacks. Look, I get that the NFL doesn't want its star players hurt. The quality of games with below average quarterbacks are generally not very good. So instead of having ridiculous "roughing the passer" penalties, just go all the way and stop the play when a defender grabs the QB's flag.

- The Steelers really miss Ryan Shazier on defense. I know Bud Dupree had a great game Monday and Bostic made some plays, but the defense would be so much better with Shazier out there.

You know, I don't really have much more to add about the game. I'm just want to watch the Vance McDonald video over and over!

No comments: