Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Ted Marshall Open Television Death Pool Champion

Congratulations to me! Although the CW network never actually announced the cancellation of the short-lived game show Oh Sit, the network did not air a first-run episode of this show during the 2013-2014 television season. This means that I won the 2012-2013 Ted Marshall Open Television Death Pool. This makes me a two-time champion and proving that my 2010-2011 season victory was not a fluke. I think this also makes me one of the premier American television observers. This might be my calling!



You may ask, well, what about the 2013-2014 season? If you're so good at picking what shows will be cancelled, smart guy, how did you do this past season? I'm glad "you" asked. I'm currently tied for 7th and will become a thee-time winner if CBS does not air any additional first-run episodes of Reckless after September 8th. Unfortunately for me, although it appears that Reckless may not get a second season, CBS's summer season will creep into September making the show "not cancelled." Maybe I should hope for multiple overtime NFL games over the next few weeks so that CBS decides to preempt the show.

Now you might be wondering how you can enter the Ted Marshall Open. The 2014-2015 season entry form is available now until Monday, September 8th at 11:59 PM EDT. Simply select the shows you think will never have a first-run episode on or after September 7, 2015 on the five major networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX & CW). Good luck!

1 comment:

Ngewo said...

Congrats! I am not very good at this game. Although this season I was smart and looked up what shows will be on their final season before doing my picks...