Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Random Ramblings

- My son starts his first day of preschool today. It's a brand new place for him with teachers and other kids he has never met. Plus, instead of sleeping in a crib or pack-and-play, he's going to sleep on a mat for the first time. While I'm sure that he'll be fine and I know this is going to be a wonderful experience for him, I'm a little nervous.

- We received a letter last week from our mortgage company.

A recent analysis of loan file documentation revealed there was an error in the amount you were charged.

Oh?

In order to correct this error we are reducing your principal balance...

Woo Hoo! Big Bucks, No Whammies!

...by $2.57, the amount that was charged in error, along with interest accrued. Please accept our apology for this error.

Um, apology accepted. Now I'll use this $2.57 towards a Wendy's Frosty and fries.

- Rosh Hashanah begins tomorrow night. Yes, it is really early this year. (More on this tomorrow.) Yom Kippur and Hanukkah are also really early this year. I'm sure you'll hear about how early the holidays are about 1,000 more times, particularly around Thanksgiving.

- While I'm not making any assumptions about the Pirates making the playoffs, if they make it for the first time since 1992, I figured that they wouldn't match up well with the Braves and Dodgers. With the additions of Marlon Byrd & Justin Morneau, they match up a little better.

No comments: