Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Trivia Tuesday: Name That Tune

Happy Tuesday to you! It's an especially happy Tuesday since the 2010 NFL schedule comes out this afternoon. I'll have much more about this later today or tomorrow. In the meantime, your challenge this week is to name the song title and artist based on the lyrics below.

1. Like a drifter, I was born to walk alone

2. Or am I origami?

3. Goddess on the mountain top.

4. And that time over at Johnny's place
Well this chick got up and she slapped Johnny's face
Man we just fell about the place
If that chick don't want to know, forget her

5. Wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy

6. At 4:30 in the morning I'm milkin' cows
Jedediah feeds the chickens and Jacob plows... fool
And I've been milkin' and plowin' so long that
Even Ezekiel thinks that my mind is gone

7. I want to tell her that I love her but the point is probably moot.

8. Oh no, I've said too much / I set it up

9. She was there through my incarceration / I wanna show the nation my appreciation (a later line is "Closer than my peeps you are to me.")

10. Don't go for second-best, baby / Put your love to the test

As always, please leave your answers in the comments section and do not use the internet to assist you. Good luck!

6 comments:

Nichole Fisher said...

1. Here I Go Again - Whitesnake
3. Venus - Bananarama or Shocking Blue
7. Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield
8. Losing My Religion - REM
9. Angel - Shaggy
10. Express Yourself - Madonna

Nichole Fisher said...

5. Tik Tok - Ke$ha (maybe?)

Anonymous said...

6. Wow, briging out vintage Weird Al. That's from Amish Paradise.

Marc said...

2. That song about the guy that wants to put his heart in a blender

4. The Boys are Back in Town - some bad 70's band

Gilahi said...

Yeah, #2 is "Inside Out" by Eve 6. The band for #4 is Thin Lizzie.

Sean said...

It looks like we got all the answers. Thanks Nichole, Christian, Marc & Gilahi for playing!