Thursday, October 26, 2023

Itsy Bitsy Spiders

Last Wednesday, I noticed a spider on the wall of my office bathroom. The spider definitely startled me since I didn’t expect seeing it next to the automatic door opener, but I didn’t think much of it after I left the restroom. The spider didn’t move as I continued using the bathroom throughout the day, so I thought maybe it was dead. So at the end of the day, I blew on it, and the very alive spider fell to the ground and scurried into a corner. I was back at the office on Friday and figured the spider left the bathroom one way or another. Nope. It moved on the ceiling.


On Tuesday, the spider was still in the same spot on the ceiling. Then on Wednesday, it moved back to the original location. 


While I don't understand how the spider got into the restroom or how it survives (What is is eating? Where is the web?), I’m now hoping to see the spider each time I go in. It’s like my own Charlotte’s Web!

This reminded me of another spider story from last summer. There was a spider living behind my driver side window. Each morning, there was a web on my car, and the spider would hide behind the mirror when I opened the car door. Sometimes, it stayed outside for the ride. This lasted for several days until I believe it blew away.


Here's a video of this spider in action.

Please note that no water spouts were involved in these stories.

No comments: