Thursday, June 08, 2023

Neighborhood News

This is somewhat of a follow-up blog post. Several months ago, I complained about my community management company announcing the removal of steps in my neighborhood. Although several of us tried to fight it, we failed. Apparently, the stairs were a liability issue and too expensive to fix to bring up to code. So instead of doing nothing, our community is going to have to pay somewhere around $2000 (though I don't know the exact cost) for the removal of the stairs and the addition of more mulch and plants. I really hope we have money in the budget for this since I don’t want our fees going up next year. Here are the steps before and now without the steps.



I guess it looks nice, but I’d rather have stairs. While the stairs were removed last week, we had a bigger issue a few days ago. Between 9:00 and 10:00 AM someone broke into two cars right near where the stairs used to end on the main street. There were several other break-ins around the same time in the neighborhood too. Very surprising that this occurred so brazenly in the middle of the day since there are almost always cars driving by and people walking.



I really want to blame the neighborhood management company for this. Maybe the person/people who broke into the cars wouldn't have done this if they saw the awkward stairs rather than the nice new mulch and plants! 

No comments: