Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Is Tim Tebow's Wife A Pirates Fan?

Tim Tebow is not very popular in Pittsburgh. He led the Denver Broncos to an unlikely victory against the Steelers in a January 2012 playoff game. I'm not going to dwell on that game or the fact that Ryan Clark and Maurkice Pouncey didn't play and the entire Steelers defensive line got hurt during the game. Instead, I'm going to focus on this picture of Tebow and his wife, Demi-Leigh Tebow.


Apparently, the Tebows hosted a Celebrity Gala and Golf Tournament over the weekend at TPC Sawgrass in Florida. Demi-Leigh is a former Miss South Africa and Miss Universe titleholder. I mention this since I don't believe she has any ties to Pittsburgh. I mean, I guess it's possible that the Tebows have a home or vacation in Pittsburgh, but I feel like I would have heard about that. So why does it appear that Demi-Leigh wore a Pirates hat at the event? Maybe this is some type of play by the Tebows to buy the Pirates from Bob Nutting. Maybe she's a big fan of Gift Ngoepe, a South African native and the first African-born player in MLB history who played 28 games on the Pirates in 2017. Or maybe she forgot a hat, and the pro shop had a sale on Pirates hats. Whatever the reason, the baseball season starts this week so Let's Go Bucs! 


Photo from Demi-Leigh Tebow's Instagram account.

No comments: