Friday, August 27, 2021

Fishing In 50 States

One of my goals is to visit all 50 states. I’ve been stuck at 41 for about a decade now, but I have ideas for trips that will allow me to visit some of the states I'm missing and get closer to my goal. I mention this because The Washington Post recently had a story about two teenagers, Luke Konson and Daniel Balserak, who wanted to fish in all 50 states. Even though I find fishing to be very boring (though to be fair, I only did it once when I was a kid and I had no idea what I was doing), I’m jealous that Luke and Daniel accomplished this goal. I guess their next adventure should be fishing in different countries. Maybe after they complete their first-year at Clemson!


While it's only mentioned in passing in the article, I really want to know more about this part of the story.

On they went, raising money for fishing licenses, tackle, food and gas through a GoFundMe. They blogged at fishallfifty.us. They returned to Virginia every now and then, switching to Daniel’s family’s Toyota minivan and then back to the Honda after totaling the Toyota in a wreck.

Totaling a car is a big deal. I'd love to hear more about this and other random moments from their adventures. It turns out that Luke and Daniel created a blog, but it looks like they stopped updating it at state #19. Oh well.

Here's my vow to you. Whenever we pick up on our hockey road trip again, I will definitely write blog posts about the trip!


Photo from Luke and Dan's Fish All Fifty website.

No comments: