Friday, February 12, 2021

Baby Squirrel

I’m doing something that I rarely do. I’m sharing a story that’s not my story to tell. Usually, I write about myself or my kids, but this is completely different. A friend recently sent me this picture.


My immediate response was "Gah!" This is actually a baby squirrel that fell from a tree or its mom rejected it (and possibly pushed it out). The squirrel survived only to be discovered by my friend’s dog who promptly put it in her mouth. My friend convinced the dog to drop the squirrel and ended up taking care of the squirrel overnight. The local wildlife agency picked up the squirrel the next day and expects the animal to be fine.


There’s not much more to this story. Just that the baby squirrel is so little and apparently likes Similac!

No comments: