Tuesday, August 06, 2019

Brunch

I have an entire blog post drafted about my 15th wedding anniversary, but I realized that one part of it was important enough that it deserves its own post.



In all of the years that I’ve written Sean’s Ramblings, I don’t believe that I ever mentioned how breakfast/brunch is one of the world’s greatest inventions. We stayed at a resort for one night for our anniversary (the first time we've been away from our kids in 8 years!), and they had an amazing brunch buffet that included the following:

- An omelet station

- Bagels and lox

- Fresh fruit, but not just your regular cantaloupe and honey dew that’s at any buffet, but also cherries and cut-up peaches and plums.

- French toast

- Deviled eggs

- Oatmeal. Oatmeal doesn’t sound exciting, but it’s amazing with brown sugar and fresh fruit mixed in.

- Breakfast potatoes

- Yogurt parfait

- Muffins

- Bacon

- Sausage

- Waffles


I cannot confirm or deny that I ate nearly everything available! (I can confirm that it was delicious.)

I'm fine with having cereal with milk accompanied by a glass of orange juice most mornings, but when I win the lottery, I'm having this type of brunch as often as possible.

We now return to your originally scheduled programming, already in progress.


The photo above is by graceht and is not from where I ate brunch.

No comments: