Friday, June 03, 2016

Friday Video: I Took A Pill In Ibiza

You may or may not remember the singer Mike Posner. He was somewhat famous about five years ago for earning a record deal before he graduated from Duke (where he earned his degree before releasing an album), recording the song Cooler Than Me, and getting mentioned in a Sean's Ramblings analyzing song lyrics post. You also probably haven't heard from Posner since before London Olympics. Anyway, Posner is back with the song I Took A Pill In Ibiza which is incredible simply for these lyrics:

I'm just a singer who already blew his shot
I get along with old timers
'Cause my name's a reminder of a pop song people forgot


I love this. It's so self-aware and probably true. Actually, I can imagine Posner hanging out with Eagle-Eye Cherry, OMC, and The Verve Pipe talking about past glory. Here is Posner performing his new song on Ellen:



And the official video which includes a few NSFW lyrics.



In case Posner reads this, who the f@#! cares what Avicii thinks? Oh, was taking a pill one of the tricks you used in Cooler Than Me?

No comments: