Friday, January 03, 2014

2013 Sean's Ramblings Visitors

Welcome to my annual post where I share data about Sean's Ramblings visitors and how people find this blog. I find this fascinating, and I hope you do too. Here are the top ten number of visitors according to Google Analytics by city for 2013.

1. New York, NY

2. Washington, DC

3. Pittsburgh, PA

4. Arlington, VA

5. Chantilly, VA

6. Los Angeles, CA

7. London

8. Charlotte, NC

9. Deerfield Beach, FL

10. Chicago, IL

Pittsburgh, New York & DC have finished in the top three in that order in 2010-2012 and Pittsburgh finished in the top spot since I started tracking these figures in 2009. However, both New York and DC passed my hometown in 2013. What's going on, Pittsburgh? I expect you to step up in 2014. Meanwhile, if your city is not in the top 10, visit my blog from multiple computers or mobile devices this year early and often!

Just for fun, here are the top 10 number of visitors of Sean's Ramblings by country:

1. United States

2. United Kingdom

3. Canada

4. Australia

5. Germany

6. India

7. Philippines

8. France

9. Netherlands

10. Mexico

I always find it fascinating when people outside of the United States and even Canada discover my blog. With the Winter Olympics and World Cup coming up over the next few months, I expect Russia and Brazil to reach the top 10 in 2014 as journalists utilize Sean's Ramblings for their own research and stories.

Finally, here are the top 10 keywords used in 2013 to find Sean's Ramblings.

1. Sun Refining and Marketing

2. Who is TJR

3. Flavor Flav

4. Fleetwood Mac Concert Reviews

5. Steelers 2013 Schedule

6. Sid Bream Curse

7. Rice Oriental Hamburger Helper Still Available

8. How Could You Leave on Yom Kippur

9. Pitbull Kodak Rhyme

10. Songs with Alcohol in the Title

Some variation of Sun Refining and Marketing (that is what you will see on your credit card and bank account statements when you get gas at Sunoco) was by far the most common way people found my blog in 2013 and would have finished in the #1, #2, #4, #5 & #10 spots. Of the top ten search terms, there is only one repeat from 2012 where "songs with alcohol in the title" finished in 8th.

Thanks to all of you for visiting my blog over the year(s)!

No comments: