Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Top Box Office Movies of 2012

Although this isn't technically Trivia Tuesday, I have a question for you. Listed below are the top 50 movies of 2012 based on box office numbers. How many of these movies did you see?

1. Marvel's The Avengers
2. The Dark Knight Rises
3. The Hunger Games
4. Skyfall
5. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
6. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2
7. The Amazing Spider-Man
8. Brave
9. Ted
10. Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted

11. Dr. Seuss' The Lorax
12. Wreck-It Ralph
13. MIB 3
14. Lincoln
15. Ice Age: Continental Drift
16. Snow White and the Huntsman
17. Django Unchained
18. Hotel Transylvania
19. Les Miserables (2012)
20. Taken 2

21. 21 Jump Street
22. Prometheus
23. Safe House
24. The Vow
25. Argo
26. Magic Mike
27. The Bourne Legacy
28. Life of Pi
29. Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
30. Rise of the Guardians

31. Flight
32. Think Like a Man
33. Silver Linings Playbook
34. The Campaign
35. The Expendables 2
36. Wrath of the Titans
37. Zero Dark Thirty
38. Dark Shadows
39. Jack Reacher
40. Parental Guidance

41. John Carter
42. Act of Valor
43. This Is 40
44. Contraband
45. Looper
46. Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection
47. Battleship
48. Pitch Perfect
49. Mirror Mirror
50. Chronicle (2012)

I saw a grand total of only 4 of these movies: The Dark Knight Rises, Argo, The Campaign and The Amazing Spider-Man (viewed on an airplane). This is even worse than last year when I saw only five of the top 50 movies. Does it count that I read The Hunger Games and Life of Pi? I really need to get out more in 2013!

Correction: As MCole pointed out in the comments, I missed The Expendables 2. Therefore, I actually saw 5 of these movies. Yay me!

So how many movies did you see? Please leave your answer and any thoughts about the films in the comments section below.


This list is courtesy of Box Office Mojo.

7 comments:

Amy said...

I saw only 3 :(.

MCole said...

I've seen 13 although I did a movie marathon and saw 4 of these in one day. And you have seen one more since I was with you when you saw the expendables 2.

Ngewo said...

I saw ten, back in the olden days, I would have said something like 40.

Christian said...

I saw 17 of these. I think I'm kind of proud that I didn't see more of these. Another exceptionally mediocre year in movies.

Marc said...

7, which is more then I would have guessed. And there are 5 that I'll make a point to see this year.

lacochran's evil twin said...

Of the current list, I saw The Hunger Games and Skyfall. Both on PayPerView. It was worth the $4.99 for Skyfall. The, er, brilliance of The Hunger Games was lost on me.

lacochran's evil twin said...

Oh, and Magic Mike. Hardly intellectual stuff but I guess that's not the point.