Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Steelers Fans Don't Wear Green

I received an e-mail from the NFL promoting Pittsburgh Steelers St. Patrick's Day gear with the following picture.


Although green is my favorite color, if you're a Steelers fan, the only acceptable colors to wear featuring the Steelers logo is black and gold. I'm sure some people might argue that pink is okay since proceeds help fight breast cancer, but take a look at the Steelers Apparel for Woman page on the Steelers store website. Not much pink gear since female Steelers fans wear black and gold.

Therefore, don't give in to this clear marketing gimmick by the Steelers (and more likely the NFL) to sell you green team merchandise.




I also received an e-mail from the Penguins selling St. Patrick's Day items. I'll pass on this too.

No comments: